SOCIAL MEDIA

What shows am I watching right now?

Wednesday 14 February 2018

Hello Humans! I hope you're really well and hope life is treating you good! Today I thought I'd follow on from last week's post with my favourite movies, with Netflix specifically what I'm watching.



1. Riverdale




"Archie Andrews starts the school year with the world weighing on his shoulders. He's decided he wants to pursue a future in the music business, but his recently ended clandestine relationship with the music teacher has left him without a mentor, and his friendship with Jughead Jones is in a bad place. Things look like they might be turning around when Veronica Lodge, a new girl, arrives. Despite the instant chemistry, Veronica is hesitant to risk a friendship with Betty -- who has a crush on Archie -- to pursue anything. Amidst all the small-town banality lurks a mystery: the recent tragic death of Jason Blossom, the twin brother of beautiful and popular troublemaker, Cheryl."

This show is addictive! I'm not going to lie, at first, it did take me a few episodes to get really into it, but I've heard nothing but amazing things about the show, so i was determined to get it a try! And I'm so glad I did! It so gripping! It's funny, romantic and dark, all in one show! Heck, in one episode! I thought it was going to be a fun, teen-esque drama. But wow, it's so amazing. If you're still debating watching this or not, I highly recommend it!



2. Jane The Virgin


"Jane Villanueva, the daughter of a teen mother, grew up determined not to repeat her mom's mistakes. Jane is studying to be a teacher, and she is engaged to a handsome detective who supports her decision to remain a virgin until marriage, but a routine visit to the clinic turns her life upside down. Inseminated by a specimen meant for a patient in the next room, Jane is in a situation made only more insane when she learns that the sperm donor is her boss, Rafael. As her meticulously planned life gets more like the telenovelas she loves, she faces a lot of complicated decisions about the future."


Oh my god - THIS SHOW!!! My bestie Phoebe introduced me to this beauty in August and I am HOOKED! It's hilarious! Honestly, Jane is so inspirational, and whenever I'm feeling shitty and I'm watching the show, I instantly feel better knowing it's okay to have writer's block, etc. There's been a handful of times where my heart has tightened so much and I've sobbed - actual sobbing where I cannot do anything else but wallow in the sadness. But 4 seasons in, and I really am feeling nostalgic already at the idea of this show ending.




3. Grace and Frankie


"For as long as they can recall, Grace and Frankie have been rivals. Their one-upmanship comes crashing to a halt, however, when they learn that their husbands have fallen in love with each other and want to get married. As everything around the ladies is coming apart, the only thing they can really rely on is each other. This Netflix original re-teams Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin ("9 to 5") as Grace and Frankie, respectively, bringing their chemistry to the small screen. It's a casting reunion on a grand scale, as Tomlin is reunited with her co-star from "The West Wing," Martin Sheen, who plays Grace's husband, Robert. And Fonda is back with Sam Waterston, her co-star from "The Newsroom," who plays Frankie's husband, Sol."

This is a brand new find for me! I've seen so many things on Tumblr about this show, and I've finally caved! So this means I'm only a handful of episodes in. But so far, I've laughed so much because Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are just hilarious! I've always loved Jane, but being introduced to Lily is such a treat because she's such an amazing actress! I'll definitely need to come back to this review, because I can't say much at the moment.


And those are the current shows I'm watching on Netflix at the minute. Please leave any suggestions you think I'll like and I'll give them a go! 


No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © Brogan Nugent. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co