SOCIAL MEDIA

Bedroom tour!

Monday 11 March 2019

Hello lovelies and happy Monday! Today is a brand new week which is amazing, and it’s also my big brother’s birthday! Anyhoo... I wanted to do a post all about my room. This is definitely a different style of post for me, however I love watching people showing interior designs; such as Anna Saccone-Joly, who shows updates on Instagram stories.

 Because this used to be my - ironically - brother’s bedroom and then he moved to Ireland. So it’s now mine. For years, we spent time moving me in and out of this room, because he and his now wife, couldn’t decide where they wanted to live. (Annoying? Yes).

I’ve wanted to decorate my bedroom, ever since I moved in to be honest. It was very masculine and more of my brother’s taste. No offence to him, but I didn’t like it very much. So I started with bedding and then kept hinting to my dad. When I went away to Spain last year, he finally changed it, and I LOVED IT!
I’m so gutted I don’t have a before picture, but oh well! I love the grey walls and the grey carpet. I have an obsessed with grey at the minute, and it’s quite a neutral colour. I feel as if any bright colour could go with it. I also have an obsession - as do most people these days - with marble as well. Just something about it. 
As you will have seen in a really old blog post, I did move my desk into my room. Although annoyingly, the internet has decided it no longer wants to reach my laptop up there, so working is quite difficult sometimes. Especially blogging. I’m trying to clean it up more, as admittedly, my desk has turned into my dumping ground. (Tracy Beaker reference there)

Where the wardrobe and draws are, is where my bed used to bed. And I hated it. Being too close to both the radiator and the window, isn’t something I like. I asked my dad if I could switch the entire furniture, and I’m glad I did. Because it looks so much better now! I also have the boiler in my room. Which is not fun, but ah well. 
For my birthday last month, my dad bought me a bookcase. I realise this might seem like an odd gift, however I wanted somewhere to put my books and to organise it. (I love organising, I’m weird that way). So I was delighted when it arrived on my birthday, and that’s still a bit of a mess. I seem to start projects and then forget about them. Oops?
The room still isn’t 100% complete. Some of the walls are still bare, however it’s a work in progress. I still need to add more personal touches to it, so I’ll be sure to update you, most likely on Instagram stories, so you can see the updates there. Thanks for reading and see you Friday!

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © Brogan Nugent. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co