SOCIAL MEDIA

I 💗 Vintage.

Wednesday 4 April 2018

So there's something you may or may not know about me...

I love Vintage!

Hello Humans! I hope you're all doing well. Today I thought I'd show you three vintage-style things that I have been loving recently.

My Polaroid Camera. I've had this since 2013/2014 and I go through a routine; one second I love it, and then I lose interest. At the moment, this is a MAJOR LOVE. I've had a fascination with Polaroids from a young age, when I saw pictures from my parents when I was young, and for years, I found myself looking in camera shops at Polaroid Cameras. Eventually I bought myself a Fujifilm Instax Mini 8, and I fell in love. Although, I'm most definitely not an expert, and probably A LOT more practice. However, I love the concept of taking the photo, it developing and then you get it instantly.



Another one of those love/hate items like the camera... My Record Player. Oh my goodness I love this baby. But I never find myself reaching for it recently (this is why I've added it to this blog post, to encourage myself!) I got this for my birthday last year, with Made In The A.M. on Vinyl from the girls at my old work. I listened to this non-stop. I have the following vinyls:
  • One Direction - Made in the A.M.
  • Ed Sheeran - Divide
  • The Lumineers - Cleopatra
  • Niall Horan - Flicker
  • Harry Styles
I think it's when I'm sitting at my desk, working on blog posts, writing my book, it's a bit of a fuss to stand up and turn it over after a few songs. But now that I've added it, tonight I WILL be listening to Ed on my Record Player.



This one is a little different, because this isn't an actual object that's vintage. Instead it's a video editing effect. I LOVE the old classic VCR-style videos, and this year, I'm going to be working on different videos for birthdays, etc. that I'm making for myself. And I found a tutorial on YouTube (can't remember where from, sorry!), and I put it together, and it just works so well!

And in honour of vintage, here's a picture of myself and my best friend Phoebe when we first met. LOL. It's our five year friendaversary on Saturday (7th April), so HAPPY FRIENDAVERSARY TWIN! 



And those are the three vintage style things I am LOVING! Let me know if you're a lover of Vintage things. If so, let me know what they are in the comments. ☺️

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © Brogan Nugent. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co