SOCIAL MEDIA

It's OKAY To Lose Motivation!

Monday 4 December 2017

  



Hello Humans! I wanted to do an honest blogpost about working out and how it's okay to lose motivation every once in a while.

So recently I have changed my job and also my hours. I now work 6AM - 2PM and I love it. The hours are perfect for me. So I go straight to the gym straight afterwards, so then I can go home for the night and chill until I sleep at 8:30PM. But I soon realised that even though the plan was perfect, I wasn't really doing anything. I was cutting out rounds because I had no one telling me I had to do them, and I was getting rid of exercises that I "wasn't feeling." It got to the point that I did a 20 minute WALK on the treadmill because the big studio I usually use was filled with spinning bikes and I couldn't do my workout the way I usually do. I then stormed to my car and called my dad asking him to help me get back into it.

In the last two weeks, I've been to the gym 3 times. Three. T H R E E times. And that is so bad for me usually. I like to go to the gym 4-5 times a week (depending on if I'm working weekends or not), so only going three times in the past 14 days is shocking. And once the habit of not going sinks in, then the bad eating habits also sneak back in. And today I decided: enough is enough.

Thanks to The Lean Machine's latest video I've decided to start doing my meal plans for my weekend meals as that's where I fall flat and I'll eat anything. My dad and I are "health freaks" whereas my mum is the complete opposite. She'll eat healthy but then she'll eat whatever she wants. Which is fine, but that's not how I want to be.




But at the same time, I want to write that it is okay to lose motivation every once in a while. It's okay to take time out and just have a small break. But at the same time, you need to make sure you get back on it. Two weeks ago, I fell down the stairs and went to the gym the same day. My neck was killing me and then the next day, I woke up and I could barely move my neck. I shouldn't have gone and done a weight class when I knew I wasn't 100%. But my routine says that I go to the gym on Tuesdays, so I went. I accepted on that Wednesday that I wasn't fit enough to go. And last week I was ill, so I took another week off. And they're stupid excuses, but unless your body feels 100%, why are you making yourself suffer?



So yes it's okay to lose motivation, but also remember that you need to get back on it. Remember how good it feels to be healthy and going to the gym. Slowly ease yourself back in, but just make sure you get there.

Here's The Lean Machine's video on how to stop eating junk food for a little bit of motivation:



Much love, see you again at some point this week.


No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © Brogan Nugent. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co