SOCIAL MEDIA

Reviewing Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!

Friday 17 August 2018

So I feel like I'm finally emotionally stable enough to talk about Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again. And I have A LOT to say!


Synopsis:

In 1979 young Donna, Tanya and Rosie graduate from Oxford University -- leaving Donna free to embark on a series of adventures throughout Europe. On her journeys, she makes the acquaintances of Harry, Bill and Sam -- the latter whom she falls in love with, but he's also the man who breaks her heart. In the present day, Donna's pregnant daughter, Sophie, dreams of renovating a taverna while reuniting with her mother's old friends and boyfriends on the Greek island of Kalokairi.

I went into the cinema with my mum both excited and nervous. With the realisation that the weeks of questioning IS DONNA ALIVE?! was finally going to be answered. I was waiting to see this a second time, but with my new work schedule, I haven't managed to see it again yet. But on Monday (20th August) I'm off to see it again, and I CANNOT WAIT!



For me, there was a few difference between the 1st film and the 2nd film. Some bugged me a little bit, just with the continuity of it, and how it changed a lot from the two different films. One of the big ones for me was the dads. Let's look at the differences:



So in the first film, Harry was known as Harry Headbanger. This rock-punk kind of dude with the eyeliner, spiked hair and edgy look to him. In the second film, the only thing that's actually the same, is that he wears a leather jacket. They made the personalities the same; aka awkward, camp, and hilarious. I loved getting to know Harry through Donna, and how they met, etc. But I must I was a little disappointed that he wasn't how he was perceived in the first film at this age.


Sam Carmichael. He's made out to be a "hippie" type of character with long hair, weird facial hair and extremely old school. But the Sam from the second film had medium-length hair, wore a leather jacket, and drove a motorcycle. And with Bill Anderson's character. I feel is the only one that got represented similarly. Josh Dylan played Bill very well, I feel. The hair was a little shorter for Young Bill, and he wasn't as "hippie" as he was made out to be in the first film, but I felt like he was the most realistically and similar in both films. 


Another thing that really confused me was Donna's mum. In the first film, after Super Trooper, she states that she's dead. "Somebody up there, has got it in for me. I bet it's my mother." So when she appears in the second film and I was like ?????


Now moving onto the music. THE. MUSIC!!!! I AM OBSESSED! I listen to the music CONSTANTLY and I'm writing in caps because that's how excited I am!!!!



My favourite songs are When I Kissed The Teacher, Why Did It Have To Be Me? and Andante, Andante. I love the vibe of this album and it's such a feel-good album.


Unfortunately, I can't tell you which film I prefer because I love them both for different reasons. So if you haven't seen it, 1 are you crazy?! Go see it and let me know what you think!!


No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © Brogan Nugent. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co