SOCIAL MEDIA

Drabbles on paper.

Tuesday 10 October 2017

I find myself dreaming about you with my eyes open.
Your name has slotted so far in my brain,
That you’re constantly on my mind.
I’m always wondering how you are,
And what you’re doing.
But I know it’s not the same the other way around.

I find myself wanting to beam with excitement,
And shower you with compliments about your work.
You’re getting the recognition you deserve,
And that makes my heart warm with pride.
I don’t think you realise just how great you are.

Closing my eyes and imagining your hand entwined with mine,
With your legs tangled with my own;
Are the kind of thoughts that I drift off to each night.
I can’t get your smile out of my mind,
Or your deep brown eyes.
You’ve got an effect on me,
And you have since day one.


Please tell me it’s not all for nothing.
That you don’t smile when you read the words I’ve said to you.
When you see that you’ve been on my mind long enough,
To create something for your eyes and anyone else’s who wants to see.
Tell me that you long to know my opinion,
When you’re letting me in on a secret.
Like how you like to let me know things first,
Before it’s exposed to the whole world.

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © Brogan Nugent. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co