SOCIAL MEDIA

GETTING SHIT DONE!

Wednesday 25 July 2018

So if you don't know by now that I'm writing a book, then you seriously must be new around here. And I've been writing it since April 2018, and nope! Still not finished - I'm a perfectionist, okay?! BUT I have decided that I can't be writing this book forever. I need to finish it THIS YEAR. Yep. Guess whose finally given their self a deadline. And this time, I'm gonna stick to it! And this is how I'm going to do it... (Also soz for the lack of photos. My laptop has decided it doesn't recognise my memory card anymore. So... 🤷🏼‍♀️)



Set myself deadlines a day

A little like Jane Villanueva from Jane The Virgin, I've set myself daily goals of how many words I want to achieve. I've written this in my daily organiser. I've done this before and found it was a very effective tool to work with. Usually I go for 1000 words a day, however if I've got nothing else that day (i.e not visiting friends or going to the gym), I can write for longer.


Creating a spreadsheet

Okay so this one is slightly nerdy. Technically unnecessary, but this stuff really helps me look at things from a different point of view. It helps me see how many pages I'm at, how many words I've written altogether, and also which were the better days for me. Okay, I'm also an organised freak that requires order. Don't judge me.


This is what I've started with as of right now, however in September, I'll update you on how well I've progressed with the book, thanks to these little tools. Sorry this is a short and sweet one, however I really wanted to get a post up about my book. 

If you have any tips and tricks on what works with your writing, please let me know in the comments below!

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © Brogan Nugent. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co