SOCIAL MEDIA

The Fear Of Eating Out

Monday 11 June 2018

I think when you're in the comfort of your own home and you're highly aware of what's in the fridge, and when you'll be eating them; dinnertime isn't something that's considered scary. However, take me to any restaurant, pub or cafe, and I am SCREWED! Looking through the menu and just knowing that everything is bad for me, and the fear of just not knowing the calories, or what it's going to do to my body.


Eating out with friends and family are both two different things for me. I think eating out with friends, is kind of when I can make both good and bad decisions with food. I'm either heavily influenced by their choices, or I just go for something that sounds extremely healthy, that actually doesn't taste so good.



(Not my picture, this belongs to my gal Lauren.)

This is one of the meals I've had recently with friends, Deanna and Lauren. This was an offer for 3 Tapas options with a free large glass of wine for £13.95. And honestly? It was probably one of the healthiest options I've ever had. Here's what I had:
  • Goat's Cheese & Spinach Croquettes
  • Garlic Mushrooms on Sourdough Toast (v)
  • Bacon Popcorn
Not gonna lie, I do realise that bacon popcorn isn't the most healthiest option out of the three, however there wasn't anything else there that didn't have a spice. I'm not the biggest spice fan, and especially hate anything with a chilli dip. Altogether though, I honestly loved the food, it was delicious, and I'd definitely try that again!



So that was on Tuesday. It was perf, and then on Thursday, I met up with another friend of mine: Danielle. We went to Nandos which is one of those restaurants that make me nervous. I had a Butterfly Chicken, which was the healthy part. And then chips and garlic bread as sides. I eat rather healthy, so carbs can be okay as well.


If anyone has any tips and tricks for eating out with friends and family, please let me know in the comments below.

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © Brogan Nugent. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co