SOCIAL MEDIA

Finding My Fitness Feet!

Friday 18 May 2018

Following my previous post (click here to read it), I thought I would follow up with a brand new instalment. These pictures are hard for me to post, because I'm still battling with feeling self-love and all, but eff it. I'm turning a new leaf.

I like to go to the gym 4/5 times a week. That's usually a mixture of attending gym classes or doing my own workouts. I like the variety, because yes I love my gym and I love the instructors that do the classes, but I don't want to be too dependant on them. I have my own journey that I'm working on fitness wise, and when I get there, I don't want to become lazy and then losing motivation. The type of classes I do are:

  • Monday - HIIT
  • Tuesday - Kettlebells
  • Wednesday - HIIT and Body Conditioning 
  • Thursday - (depending on if I'm working or not) Body Conditioning/Rest Day
  • Friday - Rest Day
  • Saturday - (depending on if I'm working or not) My own workout/Rest Day
  • Sunday HIIT
As you can see it's a variety for me. I've purposely started going to the body conditioning classes again, so then it's not all just cardio. I definitely am liking doing some weight work in both classes and on my own. My gym has a weight room and it's so much fun. (If you follow me on Instagram, you'll be able to see some snaps from there when I'm doing my own thing).


I kind of wanted to break down my entire thought process of my gym experience into a bunch of pros and cons. So if you're a nerd like me and enjoy that, then you're in for a right ole treat...

Classes are great, but there's definitely pros and cons to them.

Cons

  • Dependant on a teacher to give you the workout
  • Can't work on the areas you need, as it's a group workout and everyone needs different areas they're working on
  • Can be very repetitive each week

Pros:

  • They're more experienced and know what's good for the class as a whole
  • Motivates you to keep going on when you're giving up
  • A social place 
Those are just a few that I thought I'd mention and add a few on each heading, rather than it being unfair on one point to the other.


If you read my blog, you'll know I do sometimes post my workouts that I've put together. I'm quite aware that I'm no expert and that these are only for what I need to focus on. However, if anyone wants to try them out, that's completely fine. Since I'm constantly changing things up, I'll most probably upload more throughout the year.



I'm still working things out. Figuring what exercises work best for my body. It's a learning process and I want to bring you all along on my journey. Every few months, I'm going to make blog posts all about my progress, what I've changed, etc.

Thanks for reading my long overdue post, and I'll be back with two blog posts next week.

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © Brogan Nugent. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co