SOCIAL MEDIA

I MISS IRELAND!

Monday 23 April 2018

Hello Humans! So... I miss Ireland. Already. And it's been A DAY! I've got a big-ass vlog uploaded on YouTube that I put up today, and that's linked below. But I just wanted to write about my experience, because this is the first time I actually travelled by myself to another country. (It's technically another country, just linked - right????)


The airport was pretty easy. I know the Leeds Bradford airport like the back of my hand. But I didn't realise how boring it is being there for 2 hours... I had breakfast at Camden Food and then I chilled there for a bit. After that, I thought I'd have a look at the shops (again, forgot how small). So I looked in Duty Free and then realised I wanted a specific perfume that I knew they wouldn't sell, and I'm not the biggest fan of the ones they sell. I mean, I could've looked at the alcohol and sweets, but I'm not really into that stuff, or carrying it around. I find Duty Free's awkward, because the staff are always around asking if you need help, etc. And I'm too socially awkward for that shit.

Waiting around was just extensive, and I was exhausted because of getting up at 4:30. It was a lot of standing around, staring at the departures board and just praying that it time hurried up. The boarding was a breeze. Well, apart from my bloody Flybe app messing around when it was my turn, and I awkwardly had to be like, "sorry, my app." But the woman was really respectful and fine with it. I got a window seat, which is what I like, because I love looking outside and seeing us start and end the flight.


*   *   *   *   *

Seeing my brother was such a good feeling. We always say we dislike each other, but when we're together, we're kind of inseparable at the minute. Especially when we're by ourselves. I forgot what colour car he had, lol. I couldn't remember if it was silver or black. Turns out it's silver. I forget, because when he lived here in England, and first moved over, he had a red Ford Fiesta, so I always have that in my head.

Seeing Oisin was amazing. My little nephew/godson. He's such a little ball of happiness, and he's always a happy soul. He's easy going and isn't really bothered by much. AND HE'S STARTING TO SPEAK! Mollie, oh my goodness!!! We picked her up from preschool and Thomas peered in to see her, and then he let her see me. Wow, she  got out of her seat, and ran over to me and jumped up into my arms. I've never experienced this before from Mollie, so it completely melted my heart. All her teachers were like, "ah so you're Brogan then."

*   *   *   *   *

I'm not going to do a run through of everything we did, just because I'm inserting my vlog at the end, but I did want to say that overall the experience was absolutely amazing. I was proud that I managed to fly by myself for the first time. I was really excited and only a tiny bit nervous. I sat next to a girl on the way home, who was petrified of flying. I found it interesting to see it from a different point of view. (Is that weird? Is that slightly twisted???)


No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © Brogan Nugent. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co