SOCIAL MEDIA

Fitness Friday: 05.06.2020.

Friday 5 June 2020


I wanted to do a follow up to Monday's post, about my current fitness journey. Ever since I came back from Australia, I decided to change it up. The main incentive was honestly lockdown. I started off with just doing online classes with my gym: Iveridge At Home, but this month I decided to change it up. I took up running 3 times a week, and try to get to my goal target. My only goal was: Do the run without stopping.

So with the Shagged, Married, Annoyed podcast playing through my earphones, I started Week 1:

Week One

So I decided to raise the run each time by 0.5k. On Monday, I started with a 3k run. It sounds strange, but it actually was tough. But I did it without stopping, so I was really happy.


On Wednesday, after being pleased and successful with Monday's run, I decided to do a 3.5k. Again, it wasn't all about time, it was about not stopping.


Friday I was the most worried, because it was a full other km. However, I managed it and was so chuffed.


Week Two

Week 2, was all about getting to 5k without stopping. As advised in my previous blog post, I completed the Couch to 5k app with Sarah Millican coaching me. After that, I started running 5k, without any coaching. And that's where it went wrong.

I would do the 5k, yes. But I'd be constantly stopping, and always coming up with excuses why. So when I returned from Australia, after doing slim-to-none exercise, aside from the walking; I wanted to be able to run the entire 5k without stopping. Which is what week 2 was aiming to do. Check it out:



Week Three

These two weeks are just continuing with it, and ensuring that I can actually do it. I'm waking up at 5:30am, just to get the run done before working from home.





I'm actually really enjoying the running at the moment, that my Instagram is actually turning into a "runner instagram." However, upset that this week I wasn't able to do any runs, because I woke up Monday morning with my shin hurting. However, after finally accepting it, I'm taking a week off, and back to it Monday morning!



I'll be back Sunday with all the vlogs I've uploaded (lol), and then there'll be a new blog post on Monday. If you read the entire blog post, comment below, "Accio comment." Bye! :)

1 comment:

  1. Anushasan Yoga aims at providing a comprehensive and multidimensional yoga education. Anushasan Yoga Teacher Training and Certification Bangalore course offered deeply rooted in ancient yogic science and give participants a unique experiential understanding of yoga in its purity.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Brogan Nugent. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co