SOCIAL MEDIA

Memories

Tuesday 10 October 2017

When they used to say your name, the smile used to be so wide that it was brightening. My heart would race and butterflies would attack my insides. It was new, raw and it was honest. And these days, your name gets mentioned and it’s a broken a smile with a heavy heart. Because we’re not what we used to be and you moved on, without a single hint of me in your mind. Our little routine we had was now one-sided and I felt lost. I feel myself getting angry at myself for still trying, because there’s still an inch of hope that you sometimes think of me. And if you do, I hope it makes you breathless at the thought of my name and the heaviness inside hits you; even if it’s just for a millisecond. Because then you get an insight on how I’ve felt over the last couple of years.

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © Brogan Nugent. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co